I made these Hershey Kisses Mice last year for Valentine’s Day. They were very a big hit, especially when I gave out over 150 of them to friends and acquaintances during Valentine’s Day dinner.
A bunch of mice made from chocolate kisses. The ears are made from paper. Perfect favors for Valentine’s Day.
The following quote about chocolate is dedicated to my friend, Sophia.
Chocolate comes from cocoa
which comes out of a tree.
That makes it a plant,
Therefore, chocolate counts as salad.
Now for the instructions for making your salad.
Here are the steps to make your chocolate mice.
Steps to making your mice (the numbers below refer to the numbers in the above photo):
1. Get 2 Hershey’s Kisses. I got a package or red, pink and silver kisses and another package of gold kisses.
2. Remove the printed paper message from the kisses.
3. Glue googly eyes on one of the kisses. I suggest using a liquid glue for this step.
4. Cut a 4″ length of bakers twine, put a knot in one end and insert the unknotted end into one of the kisses where you removed the message paper.
5. To make the ears, cut out 2 ovals out of brown paper and two smaller ovals out of pink paper.
6. Glue the pink ovals on the brown ovals. I suggest using stick glue for this step.
7. Glue the paper ears on the kiss with the googly eyes. I suggest a liquid glue for this step.
8. After the glue on the paper ears has dried, glue the two kisses together. I suggest a liquid glue for this step. Hold the two kisses together for a little bit to make sure the glue adheres well. Your mouse is now finished.
Two mice made from chocolate kisses.
I realize that the ears are the only part of these mice that are made from paper. But, they’re so cute, I couldn’t help but share them with you.
Chocolate mice made from Hershey’s kisses.
I have a friend who said she couldn’t manage to make them with her nephew because he kept eating the kisses before they could be made into mice.
These chocolate mice are so easy to make. And in Valentine’s Day colors too.
I put the mice on the tables as Valentine’s Day table decorations. They really made the tables look festive.
These are the start of my table decorations for Valentine’s Day.
Be sure to make extra mice because you’re sure to get requests for more.
The chocolate strawberries were delicious.
Happy chocolate, Candy